Wednesday 6 November 2013


All the Candies
 Making up for lost time

Sweets for my Sweet
60 x 90 cm
Acrylic on Canvas
I know, I know, I haven't updated in ages - I don't pretend to have an excuse for abandoning the blog, except being so busy painting, that I can't seem to lend time to anything else! 

Also, I don't feel like talking about the work, it just is what it is today. I had planned an elaborate still life with a shiny silver goblet and cherries after Sweets for my sweet, but found - to my great surprise - that it isn't cherry season yet.. and the pro's of painting sweets is having to buy a LOT of them.. and in my books that is a very large pro. So here they are, both on their way to galleries, but neither have left the studio yet. And the sugar rush seems to be wearing off. And so, enough chit chat, off to get paint on my shirt-sleeves again! 

Next time, hopefully, more thoughts.

Haphazard Candies
80 x 100 cm
Acrylic on Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment