Friday 25 April 2014

Candy Wrappers
or
The art of Painting


'For the first time since some of my earlier Marbles paintings, this image lends itself to 
intuitive painting; I can choose colour instinctively and without over-thinking it, 
apply strokes where they want to go instead of my eyes being nailed to the reference photo.'

That was my facebook update while working on the painting. 

This is the most fun I've had with a painting in months. It is the painting I was meant to do now, to remind myself why I love doing what I do. I wasn't planning on a very realistic end-product, but I didn't plan anything really, I just worked on it until I became somewhat precious about it, and then signed it. And that's exactly how I plan to approach the next one. 

progress I

progress II

progress III

progress IV

Candy Wrappers
50 x 70cm
Acrylic on Canvas



No comments:

Post a Comment