Tuesday 9 September 2014

  Spring is (finally) sprung! 


Sweet Surrender
40 x 50 cm
Acrylic on Canvas

I finished this second flowering Candy Apple about mid August, but by then I was so deep in my next commission that the blog was abandoned once again! It's still chilling around the studio, but just might be delivered to a gallery for a group exhibition tomorrow! Also, I think I must add, I really like this painting. One of those rare paintings that just works, super fun while you work on it, and very satisfying when done.

It also has to be said, I'm probably one of few people who keep candy apples in the freezer for future paintings! Checkers is the only store that sells them, and whenever I decide it's time for another one, they're all out, and since I don't actually enjoy eating them it seems silly to keep buying them! :P By the way those are chicken breasts, not buns, frozen bread grosses me out, and i have absolutely NO idea whats in the ice-cream container, except that it isn't ice cream. It's been in there for a while. :/



Today we're drinking an amazing Ugandan coffee, a gift from my AMAZING cousin and her equally amazing SO, who recently returned from there (and everywhere else, but that's another story)
We're listening to a mix of pretty much all the powermetal on the pc, since I finished the Gunslinger book 4 this morning, and 4 of them in a row got to be a little heavy!
And were happy to announce that it's finally spring at our house - we had to wait for my 'vygies' to flower - very exciting, this plant moved to the new house with us last year, and decided not to flower (out of spite?) so I'm glad to see it's back to it's old self.




And then there's this: detail shots from the double-portrait I've been working on for the last month or so - I should finish tomorrow or the day after, just picking up final little details and cleaning up, and I'll write a little more about it and the awesome family it's for when it's definitely finished and approved by the 'commissionees'!


No comments:

Post a Comment