Thursday 31 December 2015

 In a nutshell 

2015.



That, plus 3 WIPs is what left my easel this year. I think. 

We seem to have wrecked our backup harddrive, and since I recently moved from a laptop to a pc, my everything was on the backup. I couldn't mention it on social media as I try to not write anything dying of despair. But so, the very tidy folders of every painting, every quote, every little gallery invite is lost. Possibly to be retrieved when we have funds to have it professionally done. 

I'm still struggling to figure out if it's just vanity to document my work so carefully. I guess I had hoped that one day I'd achieve a point where the world would want some kind of Kleynscheldt anthology. Others have kids to leave a legacy, and I want people to want to read about my progression as an artist after I'm gone? That doesn't ring true, but it's close-ish! 
What ever it might be, I'm glad that I've reached a point in my journey where I can enjoy looking back at my naive paintings and attempts at career building. I don't often feel that I'm moving forward, I feel I've been battling the world to survive and enjoy being a painter for decades, but I truly have come far. 
I have to thank everyone who has played a role, whether it's a sale or a word of encouragement. I feel like it's only really art if I'm proud of it AND if others enjoy it, that 'dialogue' between me and you is why I do what I do. And 2015 has had 8 commissions (one currently on the easel). Through word of mouth, and faithful clients that come back for more. I used to see myself as much more of a exhibiting gallery from gallery type of person. But making a living from commissions, and painting what I need to for myself in-between seems like a pretty fantastic way to live.

Thanks for the support everyone! Have a very joyful new years eve (we plan to go into 2016 painting, accompanied by champagne and epic music) and may the new year bring you many challenges and successes!

No comments:

Post a Comment